Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
Away From the Cage - VK I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
Away From the Cage - VK I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
Away From the Cage - VK I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
Away From the Cage - VK I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
Away From the Cage - VK I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
Away From the Cage - VK I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
Away From the Cage - VK I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
Away From the Cage - VK I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
Away From the Cage - VK I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

Away From the Cage - VK

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Away From the Cage - VK Empty Away From the Cage - VK

Post  Varen Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:25 pm

It was twilight as Varen ran down a road, occasionally glancing back over her shoulder. She wanted to make sure the templars weren't trailing her anymore. Once she saw that the coast was clear, she slowed her pace to catch her breath. She had her gray cloak's hood on, so she was basically unrecognizable. "Lost them..."

The elf mage walked for a little while longer until she heard talking up ahead. She froze, trying to make out some of the words. Sighing when she couldn't hear, Varen walked quietly towards the sound. She wasn't good at sneaking, and she knew it. The elf hid behind a tree when she was close enough, and listened in on the conversation.
Varen
Varen

Back to top Go down

Away From the Cage - VK Empty Re: Away From the Cage - VK

Post  Guest Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:05 pm

The wolf pack was spread out in the forest on the edges of the warden camp. Some were hunting, others patrolling and checking the area for danger.

One of the females that had travelled with Kassina during the day was doing a parimiter check when she smelled the presence of an elf outside the camp she did not recognize. She snuck a bit closer for a look and saw the elf was hiding behind a tree.

Not knowing where Kassina was the wolf made her way toward the warden alpha's tent to report.

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:37 pm

((Come from: https://dragonageafter.forumotion.com/t332p45-campsite-troubles-vk))

It was not too late in the evening so there was no need to use a torch or lantern to find her way along the woods' path. Her ears were attuned to finding whoever was around and the wolf was as good as her word, finding the stranger who had strayed into the edges of the campsite. Those wolves were earning their keep as watch guards, that was for sure.

"Hello." Nygozy said as she emerged from the shadows with her hands out to show she was not going to attack, "You seem lost. Can I help you?"
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Varen Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:47 pm

Varen wasn't surprised to see that she had been found. She should have shape shifted when she had the chance. "I'm just... passing through. I mean no trouble to you or who you are traveling with." The elf's gaze quickly flashed behind her acquaintance, making sure there was no one coming down the road.

The mage looked back at the woman. Varen kept as much emotion off of her face as she could, trying not to give anything away. "If you would allow me to sleep on the edges of your camp, I would be grateful. If that is not the case, then I will leave."
Varen
Varen

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:56 pm

This girl was looking back and seeming worried even if she did not show the fact on her face but Nygozy had not gotten to where she was not being able to notice these things. She chirped to the birds and listened to their answers while keeping an eye on this poor person standing before her.

"Sleeping isn't going to keep the ones chasing you off your tail. They are too close and they will run you down in time if something is not done." The hero walked past Varen and tapped her hip, "How many Templars are following you and why?"
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Varen Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:01 pm

Varen's face betrayed her surprise. It seemed that this was going to be a lot different than she first thought. Her hands clenched and unclenched to stay busy. "At least three as of right now." Varen stepped away from the tree that she was hiding by so that she could get a better view of her surroundings. "As for why... I left the Circle Tower. Too much of a cage." She frowned slightly at the memories back in the tower. Memories she'd rather forget.

"I didn't mean to bring trouble to you. I thought I had lost them."
Varen
Varen

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:31 pm

Nygozy shrugged knowing that Kai had her back just in case this girl was not what she seemed and watched the path with a yawn, "Don't worry. I tend to be a trouble magnet. It's nothing much really. So running from the circle? That's getting easier and easier every time I turn around. Hmm. It could be that they missed some little escape spots. Wonder how that could have happened."

Ok so she had been the one to create some while saving the Tower from certain doom but that was no reason to go announcing that it was anyone. It was easy though.

Now she just stood there waiting. They wouldn't be too long.
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kai Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:40 pm

Kai followed Nygozy and the wolf into the forest, alert and ready for anything. He remained hidden and moved silently like a shadow through the trees.

A run away mage? And templars? Seemed the excitement for the day was not yet at an end. Kai checked to make sure his daggers were at the ready as he waited in the shadows to see what was going to happen next.

He noticed as he waited that the wolf was gone back into the forest. He hoped she was getting reinforcements just incase things turned messy.
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post  Varen Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:35 pm

Varen realized that they were waiting for the templars and took the moment to think. Surely she had expected running from the templars, but she didn't expect for these people to be helping her. Or were they to turn her in? Either way, things were most certainly not going according to plan.

The elf waited until the three templars jogged from the path over to the trio to place a hand on the handle of her dagger hidden under her cloak.

"You there, elf! You're coming back with us." The leading templar pointed at Varen. His companions eyed the other two carefully, trying to asses the situation
Varen
Varen

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:47 pm

Shade walked from the forest his staff in hand as his eyes seemed to burn with a fire, A grin was spread over his face as he looked at the Templar's and than the elven mage and chuckled. "Nygozy how thoughtful you got me some toys and a fellow Elf as well you really do care.". Shade moved over to the girl and laid a hand on her shoulder."Hello Varen it is good to see you again, You may not remember me but we were in the same Shape-Shifting lessons. I had hoped you would have escaped the Tower sooner or Later and I am glad you have, This is Nygozy the Grey Warden a friend as am I.".

Shade looked at the Templar's his staff pulsing with light. "No Templar you may not have this Elf and if you try I will kill you now run back to your Mother and tell her you failed. The Elf is free and you and no one else shall ever take that away from her.." Shade's voice had grown stronger as he spoke the ends filled with Power belying his looks as Lightning crackled around him.
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:06 pm

Finally the Templars arrived, ordering the girl to come back with them but that was definitely not in the plans, especially with Shade having arrived from the woods to claim protection over the young mage. Good. He knew her so there would be no trouble figuring out about the mage and it made it easier since she likely, or hopefully, trusted Shade enough to accept her group as well.

"Nygozy the Grey Warden Commander." She glared at the Templars, "If you gentlemen know anything about me then I'd suggest you turn away and leave this one be. She is of the Grey Wardens now. Any attempts upon taking her from my fold will end in bloodying my weapons and I do so tire of cleaning them all the time."
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kai Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:19 pm

Kai stepped out of the shadows to stand beside Nygozy daggers at the ready. "You always throw the best parties Hero. I really must learn your secret." He said, looking at Nygozy with a grin before he turned his attention to the templars.

"You really ought to do what the hero suggests. She has had a very long day and is rather cranky. We do have a king floating around somewhere if her word isn't good enough for you though."" He somehow managed to maintain his wicked grin even while he spoke, and there was a hard and nasty gleam in his eye.
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post  Varen Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:26 pm

Varen looked to Shade and nodded. "I do remember you, Shade." Her gaze turned to look at everyone who spoke in turn. Grey Wardens? A King? Her becoming a Grey Warden? Well, Varen had wanted a way out of the Circle, and she sure did find it.

The head templars confidence visually deteriorated with every threat and every demand to leave. His jaw clenched in barely controlled anger. "Yes, commander. We shall leave this....Mage in your hands." He bowed slightly, just enough for it to be acceptable. The templar threw an angry glance at Varen before signaling for his men to leave.

Varen watched them go, her hand leaving it's place on her dagger. She pulled down her hood to reveal red hair and her tattoo edged eyes. She turned to Nygozy. "I do believe I owe you my thanks."
Varen
Varen

Back to top Go down

Post  Elenri Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:58 pm

Shade watched the Templar's leaving and wanted to burn them alive sadly he had given Nygozy his word and it would stick. He turned his head looking at Varen. "It took you long enough to escape jeez I blew a hole in the wall a massive one I don't understand why others didn't escape but it's fine. So Varen how many have escaped since I left or worse how many are tranquil now?" The last words came out venomous his hand tightening on the staff.

His eyes flashed as he stared at the Templar's. "I wish there was a spell to make a Templar tranquil so they can see what it is like and know as we know the horrors they give onto us a feeling of nothing and emptiness they strip away everything that is life. One day i will find a spell and show those Bastards the way to eternity.". He turned around and laid a hand on Varen's shoulder. "You will be safe at camp just don't attack the big dragon.". Shade walked back into the woods and vanished from sight.
Elenri
Elenri

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:14 pm

"If I see you again you may wish to be a bit more respectful, Ser Templar. I may take it as an affront and even Greggy wouldn't mourn the loss." Nygozy stated as the men walked away, making a mental image in her mind for in case she ever met the men again. If she did and they crossed her it would not end well for them.

Nygozy waited as Shade spoke to Varen then disappeared into the woods. She chuckled, "He seems to enjoy trying to be enigmatic. Well, Varen it is? Let's get you to camp and see if we can get some food into your belly. I would take some time to get to know you and all but I do have quite a few things to deal with tonight. I will find someone who will help you adjust."
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Varen Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:59 pm

Varen looked to Shade when he spoke to her. "It was just me and Joshua." She said calmly. Surprise colored the elf's features when a dragon was mentioned, but decided not to think too much into it.

After her fellow mage had left, Varen turned to Nygozy. She bowed respectfully. "Thank you. Today has been a long day, and I would be happy to help in any way that I can at camp."
Varen
Varen

Back to top Go down

Post  Kai Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:56 am

Kai sighed in dissapointment as the templars turned and walked away. Reluctantly he sheathed his daggers and stood down. "You're just too scary for your own good Hero. I could have really used a good fight."

He watched the new arrival for a minute while she talked to Nygozy and then said, "I'm sure my cousin would delight in another cub to care for."
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:42 pm

''You know me well''

Calliara walked over the small group, with a blanket, which offered to Varen. ''Welcome, girl. I am glad that another mage managed to escape from the cage''

The Wolf smiled, looking curiously at Shade as they hadn't met yet, and then lowered her gaze to Nygozy. ''Is there something you need to be arranged? There are enough tents and blankets, I can prepare one for her''
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:29 pm

"You are helpful. That's a good trait and it was no problem to shoo them away but that means we have no play today. I am so sorry, Kai. Maybe we should just go tease Rakot and have a good fight with him for fun." She chuckled then noticed Calliara show up.

"That would be wonderful, Calliara. Thank you very much." She smiled at her friend and nodded to Varen, "I am sorry that I must leave you so soon. Calliara will take wonderful care of you."

As she walked past she touched Calliara's arm and gave her a heartfelt look of thanks then walked off towards the camp and the other duties which would keep her up and alert for many hours to come.
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:35 pm

Calliara nodded and smiled at Nygozy, then turned her gentle gaze to Varen.

''As I said, be welcomed among us. I am Calliara, the Commander's second. You can call me that, its variants Cal or Calli, or Wolf as everyone does. Now let me guide you to camp and let's give you some food, maybe new and warm clothes and some blankets, and prepare your tent. What's your name, cub?''
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Varen Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:42 pm

Varen gratefully accepted the blanket and wrapped it around her shoulders. "Varen Kire. Thank you very much. Food sounds....more than amazing as of right now." The mage smiled softly, motioning for the woman to lead the way.
Varen
Varen

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:45 pm

Calliara nodded with a smile, and guided her to the main firepit, where others were eating and chatting

''I bet you're starving'' The Wolf said kindly. ''You have nothing to fear with us, nothing but the horrible snoring of certain someones. Once you get used to it, it's not that terrible''
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Varen Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:55 pm

Varen tensed a little and walked closer to Calliara so that they could not easily be overheard. "It is more other people's sleep I worry for. I do not sleep much or well, but when I do..." She trailed off. Her Nightmares sometimes made her talk in her sleep, and the worst made her scream. "Let's just say that it's not a very quiet night."

She hated to have to be so much trouble. The elf pulled the blanket closer to her before casting a glance at the fire. "Knowing that I am safe here is rather reassuring."
Varen
Varen

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:59 pm

Calliara wrapped an arm around Varen's shoulders, just like a mother or an older sister.

''Nightmares, huh? Don't worry, cub. Nightmares are one of Warden's features. I don't sleep a whole night since I was... nineteen. Screaming and weeping while sleeping is usual here, so don't worry, you won't disturb anybody. Seriously, is the snoring which would disturb you'' The Wolf chuckled
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Varen Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:05 pm

Varen chuckled and but pull away. Sure, the touch was foreign, but the feeling of someone else being there was a welcome change. She paused before commenting, "If there is any way I can help....any way at all, I would be glad to." Her golden age scanned the crowd, not lingering on a single person in particular.
Varen
Varen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum