Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
Varen Kire I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
Varen Kire I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
Varen Kire I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
Varen Kire I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
Varen Kire I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
Varen Kire I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
Varen Kire I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
Varen Kire I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
Varen Kire I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

Varen Kire

Go down

Varen Kire Empty Varen Kire

Post  Varen Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:04 pm

Character Name: Varen Kire
Sex: Female
Race: Elf

Class: Mage
Specializations: Shape Shifter
Favored skills: Varen takes pride in her shape shifting abilities, as well as her knack for....persuading people.

Hobbies:Cooking, Staring at the sky, flying in her shape shifted form

Background: Background: Varen was raised in an Elven Alienage until the age of ten. She lived with her mother and father, who married out of tradition and not love. Because of this, Varen was often caught in the middle of either very indifferent parents, or two very different beings with the wrath of a thousand darkspawn on their tonuges. Back in the alienage, Varen didn't have many friends. She always seemed....different. She would climb the Big Tree, she would stay up late and stare at the moon, and she had a thing about staring at animals. Most of the other children would stare at her or throw rocks. The ones who didn't though that she was scary for always having a far off look in her gaze.

It was back in the Alienage when Varen had found a baby bird, fallen out of its nest. Unbeknownst to her parents, the elf kept the little robin and raised it. One day, however, after being chased out of the town square, she saw her bird, murdered by a multitude of tiny rocks. Varen already knew who had done this. She swore a vow of silence, and didn't talk for three weeks. Now, whenever she is enraged, Varen will usually stay silent, as a way of showing that she knew who did what.

Varen's magic became known at the end of the three weeks. She was only ten summers old. One of the children who had killed her bird came to her and began to mock her. 'Your hair is unnatural, demon!' Celeb would taunt. 'I'm glad that I killed your bird, it probably held a demon in it anyways.' The other child would sneer. Not thinking, Varen set her on fire. The elf was taken away to the Circle Tower, where she met Joshua. Joshua was a blonde Human with scared blue eyes and darker skin than Varen's. He was skinny like Varen was, but wore robes that were two sizes too big. Even though Joshua was three years older than Varen, he was about her height.

Varen was best in the Primal magic class in school, and failed in Entropy and Creation. She studied nature and different symbols in her free time, and took interest in the few scrolls about Shape Shifting and Arcane Warriors. It was during these studies that Varen found different papers and pages on symbols of power in magic. These papers weren't found in the normal library of course, so Varen had Joshua steal them. Even if Joshua wasn't that powerful of a mage, he was good at not being noticed.At the age of sixteen, Varen asked Joshua to help give her tattoos. The tattoos were old symbols meaning 'nature', 'power', 'child of trees', and 'warrior of the forest'. With Joshua's help, Varen's face, back, and torso were covered in beautiful and tribal tattoos. The tattoos had made Varen stronger, with the price of vulnerability to demons, as well as nightmare plagued nights.

Varen was treated badly throughout her stay at the tower, by men and women alike. She was thrown around when the older mages weren't looking, and often commanded to go retrieve things and do a slave's task. Truth be told, if it wasn't for Joshua, Varen would have given out more pain than she had received. Other than Joshua, Varen didn't talk with others much. Even though some of the other elves were being treated the same way, Varen only helped when she got involved.

She and Joshua broke out of the tower by using a few passageways one of her old classmates had told her of. The templars were quickly alerted, and Varen and Joshua were quickly seperated in the chaos. Varen ran from the templars, and now travels with the Wardens as one of their own.

Personality: Tribal, elegant, cold. Varen is an introvert for the most part, but feels decisions rather than thinks them through.She tries to keep a calm face around others, and dislikes most humans. When angered, she will either stay silent or leave the source of aggitation. Varen is often more like fire than like a forest, however. If kept a close watch on and controlled, Varen will not harm anyone or cause pain. If left with too much time or if her calm facade snaps, she will lash out at the aggressor. Varen tries to avoid conflict, and will not usually start fights. She has a habit to bite her lower lip when thinking.

Weapons/Armor:Varen is usually seen wearing red and brown mages robes hidden under a dark grey cloak. The hood on the cloak is usually up so that you couldn't see her face. Varen carries a Tevinter dagger, but no staff. The dagger has a dark brown hilt with a silver strand spiraling around it, and the blade itself is slightly curved.

Appearance: Wine Red hair that is cut short, and usually appears messy. Gold eyes and pale skin. Her ears are pointed like any other elf's. She has tattoos on the sides of her eyes that resemble sharks' fins, and many more on her torso and back. She is pale from her life in the Circle Tower, and skinny from too many recently missed meals. She is short, like other elves, and usually has various scrapes and minor cuts on her feet from walking barefoot.
Full Body Picture:
Varen Kire Day_4_11

Back Tattoos:
Varen Kire Back_t10

Tattoos on her ribcage:
Varen Kire Front_10

Last edited by Varen on Wed May 11, 2011 9:55 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Added Some images and added more detail)
Varen
Varen

Back to top Go down

Varen Kire Empty Re: Varen Kire

Post  Varen Wed May 11, 2011 9:56 pm

Updated. Please tell me if anything is not allowed or really out there.
Varen
Varen

Back to top Go down