Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
Volk Rakel I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
Volk Rakel I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
Volk Rakel I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
Volk Rakel I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
Volk Rakel I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
Volk Rakel I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
Volk Rakel I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
Volk Rakel I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
Volk Rakel I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

Volk Rakel

Go down

Volk Rakel Empty Volk Rakel

Post  UncleVanya Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:01 pm

Character Name: Volk Rakel
Sex: Male
Race: Human

Class: Warrior
Specializations: Champion
Special Skills: Alchemy, Tracking, Laying Traps
Appearance: Volk Rakel Portrait2

Background: Volk was born into a family of a long line of professional hunters. Living in a cabin in the woods with his father and older brother, from an early age he was taught the skills of tracking, hunting and survival in the wilderness. He was also taught the basics of combat, and was instructed in the extensive family knowledge of alchemy and herbology.

At the age of seventeen he walked to the nearest town and joined up with the Ferelden army. He did so to honor the memory of his brother, who fell fighting during his military service. Receiving further combat training in the army he was revealed to be quite an agile and capable fighter. His mastery grew with experience, as his career in the army continued. By the time the blight began, he was one of the most battle hardened Sergeants the Ferelden army had to offer. However, Loghain's betrayal at Ostagar broke his confidence in the military's leadership and he promptly deserted. He lead the 'Wolfhounds', a brigade of former soldiers who left the army behind so they could fight the Blight for Ferelden and in King Cailan's memory, without being burdened by the politics and the bureaucracy that plagued Regent Loghain's rule. They spent the year on the front line, fighting darkspawn and helping civilians evacuate. They fought hard, and lost many men and women, but their determination remained unbroken.

Once Loghain was killed, and King Alistair was crowned, what was left of the 'Wolfhounds' rejoined the main army, and headed to Denerim, lead by the Wardens. Volk and his comrades saw more action on the streets of Denerim, and continued fighting until the Archdemon was slain by the Wardens and the day was won.

After the victory, the remaining wolfhounds all went their separate ways. Some stayed with the army, others chose to start a life as civilians, and Volk went his own path becoming a tracker and a mercenary. He went all around Ferelden and in just one year built himself a reputation for getting a job done, no matter how difficult or even impossible it seemed. He is also especially known for being adept at finding or tracking down people and items, to the point that to many he is known simply as 'the Hunter'. Volk quite enjoys his life of adventuring, and for now is content with it.

Weapons/Armor: Volk wears a reinforced leather armor which provides moderate protection from blades and arrows while not impeding his speed and agility. He also wears a leather satchel on his hip that contains his potions for quick access on the battlefield. For weapons he double wields a long sword and a dagger, as well as always carrying throwing knives on a belt strapped across his chest and firebombs in the pouches on the belt he wears around his waist. He also carries a longbow.

Dagger:
Volk Rakel Volkdagger

Longsword:
Volk Rakel Voldsword

Combat Style: Volk is a very clever tactical fighter, preparing for a battle ahead of time with traps and ambushes if he can, yet still being able to quickly adapt to the situation if things do not go the way he originally planned. While lacking magical ability, he uses various potions of his own make to augment his already considerable strength, speed and reflexes. While he usually opts to dual wield a sword and a dagger, he is just as proficient at fighting with a sword and a shield, and has above average skill with two handed weapons.
UncleVanya
UncleVanya

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum