Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
Saarebas I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
Saarebas I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
Saarebas I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
Saarebas I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
Saarebas I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
Saarebas I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
Saarebas I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
Saarebas I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
Saarebas I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

Saarebas

Go down

Saarebas Empty Saarebas

Post  Saarebas Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:30 pm

Character Name: Saarebas
Sex: Female
Race: Qunari

Class: Mage
Specializations: Blood Mage
Favored skills: Blood Control | Blood Sacrifice

Hobbies: Obeying Orders | Keeping Imekari

Background: Saarebas is what she is - a mage. A thing. An undesirable object that is nevertheless not to be wasted. Her past is unimportant, and she doesn’t remember to tell it, anyway. But then, “things” don’t have a past anyway, do they? At least, not in any meaningful way.

Like all Mages born into the lands living by the Qun, she was tested at birth for magic, and when it was discovered within her, she was given to a handler, her Arvaarad, and he and the mages he kept were the only “family” she had. Speak only when spoken to, follow orders immediately and correctly, practice no magic without supervision - these were the rules that governed her life. Her mask and chains were the barrier between her and the life around her, and these rules were the barrier between her and living.

Now, the Qunari turn their eyes to Ferelden. The Blight is over, and though their army is as formidable as ever, it is clear to the Antaam and Arishok that the barbarians are more in need of the guiding influence of the Qun than they had ever thought. The Arvaarad has been sent with his collection of mages to scout the foreign territory, and his scouting has brought him covertly to Denerim, the seat of power in Ferelden.

Personality: Personality? What is that to a weapon? There is no thought of betrayal, no desire to be free, to be found in her. There is none of that, because she does not know that such a thought might exist. Orders are to be obeyed. Magic is a thing in her to be used, just as she is a thing to be used by her handler. There is no joy to be taken from killing because that would make her an unreliable weapon. But she would die for her master - that is, after all, the reason she is kept around.

There is, however, a spark of gentleness in her which even she does not understand. Since entering Denerim, a tiny cat has been following her, despite the best efforts of her Arvaarad to get rid of it. She has come to call the cat Imekari, because it is like a child, and cares for it when she is given time to rest.

Weapons/Armor: Her hands are chained and her mouth is sewn closed. Her robes are ornate and well crafted, because all Qunari-made things are made with care or are not made at all, but as far as their quality compared to the armor of her Arvaarad, they are not so very special. Her magic is cast without words, and on order of her handler only. Blood magic is forbidden to mages, but while in Ferelden, her Arvaarad’s curiosity got the better of him, and he had her learn it in the interest that it might give him more power, power that the Qun does not sanction, but being in a foreign country swelled his head and sense of importance.

Appearance: Saarebas is slight for a female Qunari, but not so overly for a mage. The lack of physical work expected of mages has leant her an almost delicate body, at least in Qunari terms, and she is shorter than average, standing a mere six feet. A runt, as she’s been considered by her Arvaarad, but even so, her power was not to be wasted or let unchecked. Her hair is long and unbraided, and is white as all Quanari hair. Her skin and eyes are similarly colored for her people: grey-tanned and purple respectively. The only striking thing about her is the sewn threading at her mouth, keeping it shut so that she can never practice unapproved magic.
Saarebas
Saarebas

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum