Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
Bandits : They're Everyone's Problem - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
Bandits : They're Everyone's Problem - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
Bandits : They're Everyone's Problem - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
Bandits : They're Everyone's Problem - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
Bandits : They're Everyone's Problem - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
Bandits : They're Everyone's Problem - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
Bandits : They're Everyone's Problem - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
Bandits : They're Everyone's Problem - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
Bandits : They're Everyone's Problem - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

Bandits : They're Everyone's Problem

+2
Bowen
Caterina
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bandits : They're Everyone's Problem - Page 2 Empty Re: Bandits : They're Everyone's Problem

Post  Bowen Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:11 am

''Sleep now'' Bowen whispered to Caterina while holding her, looking for Goliath. His voice was low, and still panicked, but his arms were firm while holding the Antivan to his chest. He barely had time to recover his shield by the time they finally found Goliath, who was chewing some grass with Bosco.

The Nevarran had seen Sophia's hurt expression when he had lifted Caterina, but he didn't mind. To hell with everybody. In fact, it was all Sophia's fault to put him on his nerves and making him feel so idiot, but...

No, man. It's not Sophia's fault. It is yours. Caterina is free to choose

Fucking Ferelden, fucking world, fucking willow mages with misty eyes and elegant hands and, most of all, fuck himself for being old and tired of games and for wanting something to be real and stable and precious.

Then he realized something, and it hit him like a tidalwave.

Maybe I just don't deserve this. Her. Anything. It must be that

Amazed and hurt by his new discovery, he managed to ride Goliath with Caterina still in his arms, protected by his cloak while she was resting to his chest.

''Bosco, your mistress is tired, so you'll have to obey me meanwhile'' He said to the horse, stroking softly his strong neck, and when the horse licked his hand he almost smiled. Almost.
Bowen
Bowen

Back to top Go down

Bandits : They're Everyone's Problem - Page 2 Empty Re: Bandits : They're Everyone's Problem

Post  Caterina Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:32 am

Caterina mumbled her assent before letting her head fall against Bowen's chest, a small contented smile spreading over her relaxed face. The pain, the fighting, the uncertainty - it would go away, and return as it always did. But now she had a protective form to lie against, and nothing could have made her worried for anything. She'd talk to Bowen later - lay things clear between them so that she never had to see that look of hurt in his eyes again. Right now, she was going to take his orders to earnest, and sleep.

"And Bowen," she murmured, trying to stay awake long enough to speak. "If anything . . . happens, wake . . .." She'd meant to tell him to wake her up if anything happened that could hurt the team - the bandits coming back, or anything else - but she'd fallen asleep before she could finish getting the words out of her mouth. Hopefully, he'd understand.
Caterina
Caterina

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:20 am

The appearance of Sophia was unexpected but also not so as Kai had disappeared and that made her wonder what other skills her assassin guard had within him. Now was not the time to ask as the mage bade her to come with her and Nygozy was unsure whether she wanted to take the woman's hand. If it meant going into the fade with her then it was something Nygozy was not in the best of mind for if it were to be for any extended length of time.

At least I could kill something. That might make me feel a bit better.
But she took the hand, feeling Kai take her own only moments before she fully grasped Sophia's.

"This sounds interesting." She said figuring a little adventure could only give her a respite from her self torture.
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sophia Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:48 am

The Fade snarled at the intrusion of an extra two interlopers, but Sophia barely gave the dream world time to object. Spirits and demons alike looked up from their nightmare feasts as the Willowy Mage and her passengers flew by, their feet skipping across the unreal ground. Sophia barely noticed: fixed so intently on the strange darkspawn, the Fade slipped by her like the dream it was, demon-claws swiping and missing, spirit-calls falling on deaf ears. The Shadow's presence filled her completely, drawing her back to him, to the forest, to the waiting Calliara...
The journey was over as quickly as it had begun, leaving Sophia and her Mistress, shadow and all, facing the green-cloaked enigma waiting on the path.

((Short post is short. Sorry about the quality - tired Sophie is muuuuzzzyy... >.<))
Sophia
Sophia

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:20 pm

That was somewhat disorientating and rather unusual. Nygozy stood stock still as they emerged from the Fade but her mind quickly assessed where she was now located. They were definitely in a different area with a whole new background setting that made her wonder exactly how Sophia did this. There was a lot to that woman that no one knew about and she was rather interested in finding out more; however, now was not the time.

There stood a Darkspawn which made the woman rather uncomfortable thinking that if Sophia had brought her into a trap she would make sure no one ever found out the woman's secrets as there would be none left to find. Her hands stayed at her sides as she stared at the being and growled to the woman beside her, "Make this explanation fast, Sophia." She said calmly, giving the woman a chance to make this an innocent situation.
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:53 pm

The Shadow had waited for a time. He was used to waiting, it was what he was born to do. He waited for several hours before the black haired Human returned with a black haired dwarf. The Shadow sensed her. It was the Warden-Commander he had been seeking. "Be not frightened of me. The she-witch only meant for you to meet me. I am called The Shadow, one of the free brothers." He said in his quiet hissing voice with the strange accent. "I have been doing the watching of the group for many moons now."
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:34 am

"You misinterpret me, Shadow. It is not fear which drives my question but curiosity and maybe a bit of anger as I was unsure upon whether this was a trap." A talking Darkspawn. A talking Darkspawn. Ok that was a new one and certainly one which created a lot to think about. She could kill him, it likely would not take all that much, but a talking Darkspawn was something incredibly new and could be extraordinarily dangerous if the hows and whys of this was not found out.

She gave the creature a looking over then crossed her arms over her chest, "This is something new and has many forms of potential attached to that factor. You are safe for now. Give me knowledge of why you have been watching my people and what it is that you are interested in. We shall then go from there."
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:51 am

The Shadow watched the diminutive Warden-Commander. She would not have been able to sense him, but he could sense her. She was going to be the key to releasing his brothers. "It not be your group this one be interested in, but you yourself. The Father wished for me to ask of you something to free my brothers and sisters from the song of the Old Ones. To be our own people." He said with his bloodshot gold eyes watching for reactions. "This one has been doing the watching so that I may see if you were to be helping us. I was once almost seen by the icy mountains, but I learned how to conceal myself much better. I was never seen again as I was in the following. Be listening to this offer from The Father, as it will help both of our efforts."

He waited a moment for his information to sink in and then said in a low whisper. "You Wardens drink the blood of my brothers and sisters to get your powers, yes?"
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:06 pm

What this Darkspawn was saying added up to many changes in the world which would impact a lot of future situations and the factor that this one had been sent by some leader, or 'Father' as he was called indicated a much deeper issue then some would consider. This was as vital as the upcoming changes she could see happening: Qunari war as it was clear that the Tamassran was here on a preparation mission for when the time came to invade Fereldan and a form of mage war with the templars as it was inevitable with everything which had happened at the Tower. There would be more and it would not be easy.

The aforementioned situations were issues which were more directed towards leaders of the kingdoms. Darkspawn. That was a Grey Warden problem and it had to be dealt with now.

"You know that we do."
Nygozy answered directly with no fuss about the use of Darkspawn blood in the rituals and refused to show any reaction to anything this being said, "Go on. I am listening."
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:12 pm

The Shadow had expected her nonchalantness in regards to drinking the blood of the Darkspawn. That was disturbing to him. "How my brothers and sisters be freeing ourselves from the song is similar to your Joining. We be drinking of Warden blood to be free." He said dryly in that whispery voice of his. "The Father asks that your Wardens start a donation of blood for our own Joinings to free the rest of my kind." He said simply, and straight to the point. "He does not expect you to accept but it is being the most beneficial for both of our kinds. The Blights will end, never to occur again, and we be sentients once more as we were in past lives."
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:17 pm

Calliara listened to every word in disbelief. What in the hell was that creature saying? Did it really think that they would accept that? Giving blood to darkspawn so they would wander 'free' from the Archdemons?

The Dalish felt so bad and sick in that very moment that her shoulders shook and her steady hand lowered her bow a bit. It couldn't be. She remembered Tamlen, slowly turning to a darkspawn and begging her to release him. She remembered what she may had become had the taint went on in her body.

She looked briefly to Nygozy, waiting for her to answer
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:10 pm

The fact that the drinking of the Darkspawn blood did not seem to phase Nygozy seemed to phase the Hurlock which was fine by her. Her views on the ritual was not of account for her to give this being and she was not going to show any form of leniency or weakness to him. To show any emotion regarding such a thing was something one could use and she was not about to allow that.

The deadpan expression on her face continued as he spoke but his information was being juggled about in her mind to work on what to discuss and how to deal with these little factoids.

"Donations of blood." She repeated once she'd let silence reign for a couple of minutes after the Hurlock had stopped talking, "And did your Father believe that you would be able to create this bond or blood letting from such minimal exposure to information? There are many things which would require discussion before any of this could be dealt with in a satisfactory manner to my peoples and yours. We need to know more, we need to see what there is to offer each set of races and figure out how to deal with everything this may mean to all involved and future generations."

Nygozy breathed out and shook her head, "This Father needs to speak with me himself at some point and we would have to see what we can to figure out if anything will be done. However, at this time we are in the middle of other matters. Since you have been disposed to us for this long, will you be available with further information and willing to discuss this further with others in power?"
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:28 pm

The Shadow listened to Nygozy's questions patiently again, his craggy face was set in stone. "Be believing in generosity and mutual need to make sure the Blights be never happening again." He said, shaking his head beneath his cowl. "The Father would speak to you under conditions that Wardens will not harm the Father or his children." he said with a bit of a rasp. This was not going as expected. They were to accept or kill him, not ponder. Nevertheless, The Father would have to see them someday. "You may use me as hostage till The Father arrives. Around one full moon cycle." A month as their prisoner.
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:17 am

The rasping sound was unusual as was the being's being able to talk. This was a difficult thing to think about and Nygozy wished to make sure all was well before creating any beliefs in what was going to be done. It seemed that the Hurlock was confused about how she was acting about the whole situation. It seems that he had not watched her enough if he had no idea how she worked things. Then again, she could see where he would not know a lot as she did tend to leave orders to the ones she had as her seconds.

"That is an interesting request and it would be equally interesting to meet this Father. Where would the Father wish to meet or did he want me to choose this?" Nygozy considered for a moment longer, "Are you able to hear him like you heard the Arch Demon?"
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sophia Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:18 am

Sophia remained silent, though she had been keenly listening to every word. Intoxicating was no longer an appropriate descriptor: the revelation that this Shadow had a master... a Father... as intelligent if not more so then himself had set her head spinning. What did this mean for the Darkspawn race as a whole? Was it possible for them to become an independent species? And if so... what would it mean for Thedas once they were released from their chains-

Chains? No. What had he called it? 'The Song of the Old Ones?' The Archdemon... enslaved the Darkspawn? But didn't the darkspawn themselves taint the sleeping Gods, raising them up as their leaders? Sophia found herself leaning forward, her normally misty composure fraying in her hunger to know more. Darkspawn free from the Blight... if it had been any other race, any other being asking to be freed, Sophia knew what Nygozy would have said. It was almost enough to make her sneer. Prejudice had a lot to answer for, apparently. Didn't every story deserve a chance? What was a little blood, when the Wardens made so light of taking Darkspawn blood for their own purposes?

The icy part of her mind knew the answer. Stories of hate took a long time to fade. The Darkspawn atrocities over the centuries would not be kind to the Shadowy Hurlock and his mission. As much as Sophia wanted to whisper her own opinions, this was the Mistress's decision to make. All she could do was watch and wait, hoping for a story of redemption rather then another of blood, sorrow and Blighted, stolen chances.
Sophia
Sophia

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:56 am

The Shadow was quiet for a time, as if testing to see if he could hear The Father speaking in his mind. Silence. It could not be done once freed. He frowned. "The Father does not speak to we and I through our minds. He has said our lives be of our own, and not his to command. He said to me that be there a meeting to be held, it would be in Ameranthine, by the Silverite Mines. That be where his lab is." The Shadow said, feeling guilty of revealing The Father's home, but it had to be done for there to be peace.
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:28 pm

"The Ameranthine?" She nodded and looked towards where that was, "I believe that is doable. We will go there after our time in Denerim and I will speak to your Father at that point. Do not be fooled, these will be negotiations in which I will require knowledge and proof, just as I would with any other peoples."

Nygozy looked back at him, "As for now, I would suggest that you hide your face from others of this group. Sophia will take care of you and make sure no one attacks you but you are to stay out of people's ways. I give my word on your safety but there are some who may not stay their hand if they see your face. You will also subject yourself to a medical checkup by our healer. She will not hurt you but she will make sure that you are well and that we are all safe from any illnesses."

The last part was partially for their protection and partially for his. There was a chance that the Darkspawn found a way to send a disease to them and she wanted to make sure this was not the case. There was also a chance that he could catch something from them and she viewed him as a diplomat so did not wish for him to die in their care.

Nygozy looked to Calliara, "Calliara. Once your group has rested then come to the camp. Tents are ready for you there and food should be about done. All of you are to remain silent about these events until otherwise notified by myself. I would like a report after supper."

"Sophia, this is a mission of great importance. I am counting on you to keep The Shadow, the diplomat for the free Darkspawn, from harm. We will be having talks now and again but I believe this should do for now. It has been a long day and I am sure we all require our rest, including yourself, Shadow." She rolled her shoulders, "Take a tent a short distance from mine for the two of you, Sophia. Now, if you will, I wish to be back to camp."
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum