Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
CHATBOX DISCUSSION I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
CHATBOX DISCUSSION I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
CHATBOX DISCUSSION I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
CHATBOX DISCUSSION I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
CHATBOX DISCUSSION I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
CHATBOX DISCUSSION I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
CHATBOX DISCUSSION I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
CHATBOX DISCUSSION I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
CHATBOX DISCUSSION I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

CHATBOX DISCUSSION

+3
Swift_Assassin
Canus
Nygozy
7 posters

Go down

CHATBOX DISCUSSION Empty CHATBOX DISCUSSION

Post  Nygozy Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:31 pm

I am not sure why the chatbox poll will not allow anyone to comment but I have included this new thread for just that.

If you would like to discuss ideas about what to do with this concept then please do so here. I am interested in seeing what everyone thinks, times in which they can get together and other items relative to this subject.
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

CHATBOX DISCUSSION Empty Re: CHATBOX DISCUSSION

Post  Canus Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:35 pm

Is there an explanation to the concept somewhere? I'm not sure what you meant by it.
Canus
Canus

Back to top Go down

Post  Swift_Assassin Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:53 pm

Yeah, I've never heard of the concept, either. What is it exactly?
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:11 pm

The idea is to set up a time when people would play together in a chatbox I would have working at the bottom or top of the forum page. It would be like posting in the forum but real time with short posts.

This is a proposal for side quests and group antics which would be decided on what the quest/theme would be beforehand and have a sign up for each get together.

It is open for ideas on how to work this.

I might even use two chat boards. One for general chat while the second one is specifically for the game itself.
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Warrior Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:37 pm

My original question was going to be "we have a chatbox?", but you've already answered that.

My next point is that if this is to be any sort of coordinated play, then it sounds like we'd all have to be on at more-or-less the same time - which is an incredible hassle because we'd have to coordinate across multiple timezones.

So unless I'm misinterpreting the idea, this doesn't sound like it'll work even if everyone wants to do it.

-- Griffinhart
Final Warrior
Final Warrior

http://www.innocentmachine.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Devin Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:46 pm

Ah, I see. That has been tried before on other boards, and for me at least it hasn't worked. This is because it takes a while for me to figure out a character's reaction. And as well, I may be called by real life stuff.
Devin
Devin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nygozy Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:52 am

And this is why I put it out for a response. You are correct that it would take a lot of maintenance for people to be able to get on in the same time, even without time zone differences. The reason it is even thought of is because there are some who may wish to do something like this who are capable of getting together and if so how to go about it.

This is something that would not replace the regular forums as it would only be used for side quests.
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Serethiel Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:39 am

(This be Olivia, by the way)

I dunno. I know that it would be something I'd consider fun while I was hanging around with nothing to post in, but like Final Warrior said, coordinating everyone into posting at the same-ish time. Still, I like the chatbox - I like poking people who happen to be on when I'm on.

Maybe a thread sub-section with the same purpose? They could be single-day or single-week threads before they get 'ended', finished or not, with little, non-canon quests and crack RPs. That way, if you happen to feel like posting in one of them, it's a little more permanent, and easier to keep track of than the chatbox. You can even put up a 'short post' rule, or whatever. If the chatbox only allows, say, 100 characters/words per post, then make the rule of that forum something along the lines of 'try and keep your post under 100 words.' It can move just as fast as a chatbox, while still being easier to read and such. You don't even need more than one thread - simply add a post signaling the end, and then the start, of each new 'topic' within the same thread.

Oh jeezees - does that make any sense? [/shouldn't type things before fully waking up]
Serethiel
Serethiel

Back to top Go down

Post  Devin Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:02 am

Yeah, was just offering my opinion/personal experiences with it. ^^ I like Olivia's idea. A chatbox is a very, very handy thing to have on an RP board. It's a good way for people to coordinate faster than PM. It's a great way to just chat, and encourages discussion. Olivia's suggestion of sidequest, non-canon, etc. boards would work out just as well, IMO, especially if people were to coordinate via the shoutbox. And, perhaps for those who are capable of chatbox-RPing that enjoy it and want to, maybe there could be an in-character shoutbox and if the RP is canon, they could post the logs into that board. Or they could do it via IM, whichever.
Devin
Devin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:57 pm

^ This. I like the idea of an rp chat, my problem is the timezone xD but in any case I'll be here anyway so...
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down