Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
Maddox Hyperion I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
Maddox Hyperion I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
Maddox Hyperion I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
Maddox Hyperion I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
Maddox Hyperion I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
Maddox Hyperion I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
Maddox Hyperion I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
Maddox Hyperion I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
Maddox Hyperion I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

Maddox Hyperion

2 posters

Go down

Maddox Hyperion Empty Maddox Hyperion

Post  Swift_Assassin Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:21 pm

Maddox Hyperion MaddoxHyperion
Maddox Hyperion MaddoxDA2AE
Character Name: Ser Maddox Hyperion
Sex: Male
Race: Human

Class: Warrior
Specializations: Champion/Guardian
Favored skills: Two handed weapons.

Appearance:Maddox has brown, unkept hair and brown eyes to match. He looks as if he is bored with life, even in the heat of battle. He is quite muscular, from years of training and extreme excercise. He has quite a few scars from injuries he has accumulated over the years. He has recently grown a beard, which he started to maintain to keep from growing too long.

Hobbies:Finding trouble, getting into trouble, getting his mabari out of trouble, and fighting people.

Background: Born in the Blessed Age, Maddox lived his early life during the Orlesian Occupation. He and his fraternal twin Daren lived in a small town near Highever. During the Ferelden Rebellion, their father, Ludwig Hyperion, fought alongside Bryce Cousland, Leonas Bryland, and Rendon Howe during several battles. Most notably, Ludwig had been amongst the handful of survivors of the Battle of White River.

Ludwig's actions eventually resulted in Ludwig becoming a Bann and his small town of Cercium became his lands. Maddox and Daren were thrust into a life that they were not accustomed to. Ludwig observed the two within the couple of years following before deciding on what would be the best way to help his children develop. Ludwig had chosen Daren to become his heir, helping to mold him into a proper leader to help best serve the people and the Couslands. Maddox would be in charge of protection and leading their garrison.

At twelve, Maddox became a squire at Castle Cousland, where he would remain until his mid-twenties. At his father's request, Maddox left to return to his birthplace. It was good to finally return him to his family, who he had only sparsely seen during his his term at Castle Cousland. From there, he took over as the man in charge of the garrison, personally leading groups to take care of bandits and thieves.

Several years later, his father gave a gift to both him and his brother mabari hounds, a pair of brothers as well. Maddox named his Tiberius, while Daren's was named Maximus. Both were inseparable from their respective owners. Maddox taught Tiberius well enough to know when it wasn't safe to get involved.

Maddox was granted leave by his father so he may become acquainted with the physical features of Ferelden. Maddox and Tiberius got themselves in various troubles. If they didn't find trouble, one or the other brought them into it. Both saw many battles they rather wished they didn't. Some of the fights were hard, others were not.

In time, they returned and at Ludwig's request, they never strayed far from their estate afterwards. At the start of the Fifth Blight, Ludwig took most of the garrison to Ostagar at Bryce's command. Daren would stay behind while Maddox was to meet up with Bryce's forces and join his father in Ostagar. After a while, he eventually decided to pull back. He would discover that Arl Howe took over Highever and killed most of the Couslands. Adding another blow to this was discovering that Ludwig and most of his men were killed at Ostagar.

The brother Hyperion travelled to Denerim and were shocked when Loghain declared himself regent. Bann Daren and Maddox joined the forces opposed to Loghain. Maddox personally led troops to protect Bann Telmen's lands. Maddox was eventually called back to protect Cercium from Howe's men. When the Landsmeet was called, the brothers returned to Denerim and put their support behind Nygozy. When the matter was settled, Maddox took what forces Daren could spare and joined the forces assembled in Redcliffe.

The Battle for Denerim was a very exciting battle. Maddox fought valiantly, protecting as many civilians as possible. When the battle ended, Maddox collapsed from his injuries with a smile on his face. It would take a few weeks for him to completely recover. Maddox figured that now that his father is dead, he could be free to roam the lands again. He assigned someone to replace him and left Cercium, with Tiberius in tow, to find something interesting to do.

Personality: Maddox is very easily bored with his life. The last time something excited him was the Battle of Denerim. While he doesn't think that anything could excite him as much, he knows there still has to be things he hasn't seen before. He is very protective of his friends, and would risk his life to save them. He doesn't exactly talk much. He doesn't have much of an interest in settling down. He never liked being tied down to one place for long. However, his loyalty to family and friends is what kept him in Cercium for most of his life.

Weapons/Armor: Maddox uses a Silverite Greatsword with a flame and lightning enchantment that he dubs the Hyperion. He wears Dragonbone Chainmail that was given to him by his father before he left for Ostagar. Once the Wardens settle into their new home, Maddox would retire his armor in favor for more traditional Gray Warden plate armor.

Last edited by Swift_Assassin on Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:18 am; edited 3 times in total
Swift_Assassin
Swift_Assassin

Back to top Go down

Maddox Hyperion Empty Re: Maddox Hyperion

Post  Admin Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:17 pm

Wonderful! More characters to get things going. This character is likely to have someone to poke at soon. PM Nygozy and discuss how to bring this one in Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://dragonageafter.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down