Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
Logdriver Logdriver I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
Logdriver Logdriver I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
Logdriver Logdriver I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
Logdriver Logdriver I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
Logdriver Logdriver I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
Logdriver Logdriver I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
Logdriver Logdriver I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
Logdriver Logdriver I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
Logdriver Logdriver I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

Logdriver Logdriver

Go down

Logdriver Logdriver Empty Logdriver Logdriver

Post  Nygozy Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:55 pm

Guremi watched as Marcus cut up the tree while standing. She held her axe over her shoulder like she knew how to handle it as well and kept a tally of how long it took him to go through the tree, "So you are a lumberjack. And here I thought the rumours were unfounded."

He furrowed his brow at her. Durbans was firmly wedged in as he took a small break to talk. "What do you mean rumors?"
(*poke*)

(sorry was takling to hubby)
"There was a story about a man named 'Durbans' who was a big Elf who was a lumberjack. Many people thought it was a joke as Elves are not supposed to be burly." She shrugged, "It was a story about a man who came out of nowhere to help with the Darkspawn and did rather well on his own."

He smirked. "Is that what they say?" He asked with an amused, knowing chuckle. "And you believe everything you hear?"

"I said I thought they were unfounded." She smirked, "Besides, the man who told the story was a known drunkard who said foxes could fly."

He chortled. "Yes. You cant trust those types." He said and then resumed chopping the wood.

Guremi unshouldered her own axe and started chunking away at the tree as well. She was pretty good, had good form and strength behind her axe even if she was not a lumberjack. The woman worked hard and kept
up with Marcus's speed.

The Elf was impressed at her keeping pace with him, and soon enough the tree had given them sufficient firewood for weeks.
He rested Durbans onto his back again and smiled. "Well that was fun.:

She rubbed her forehead and looked at the stack of wood as he spoke, "Good exercise, that's for sure. I do not believe we need this much but it can be left for other travelers and we can always take some when we leave."

"All well and good. At least they won't bother us to find some later. We'll be fine."

"Very true. Now what? I believe that the dead trees are all down now."

"Well, let's go on and show the others our catch. And then I'll find something to pass the time. Probably some carving."

A brow lifted, "With a bright evening like this you are going to sit down and carve?"

"Like there's much else?" He lifted an eyebrow, folding his arms over his chest.

She chuckled as she walked past him, "Depends on what you like to do." She announced while grinning.

He waggled his eyebrows at her. "Are you propositioning me?"
(Mrs. Robinson you're trying to seduce me)

Guremi smiled and shook her head, "For a walk maybe, if you have any energy left."

"Works for me." He smiled. "Perhaps I'll carve on the way." He said, offering a big grin

"If you can walk and carve then you have much more talent than me." She said as she continued to walk, "I'm not a hobby type of person anyway."

He shrugged. "You learn a thing or two about your talents when you're my age."

"Really? And what age would that be?" She said without offensiveness.

"Thirty-two." He said, scratching his chin.

"Meh not that old, really." Guremi pulled a branch down and plucked an apple from it then tossed it to him.

"Indeed. Plenty of time to master my talents."

"And which talents are you trying to master? You said you carve. Is there anything else you do besides work with wood?"

"Master of making alliterative adjectives!"

She smirked, "Well, I'm sure that's a worthwhile project for one to have, especially when they use it to their sanity less visionary tactics." The woman thought that over, "Maybe my skills at the language is getting better."

"Perhaps." He smiled as they headed back to camp, he had piles of wood tucked under his arms

"There's a spot." She said and put her own load down there, "That is well more than enough for tonight. We can guild up the pile more tomorrow."

He nodded and set the wood down. He cracked his neck for a bit. "Right. How about that walk then?"

"Let's go. This way, towards the moon should be nice." She rolled her shoulders with a satisfied sigh.

He nodded and headed towards the lake becaue well, that was the only good place to walk about.

"You like the open spaces?" She asked as she strode along, breathing in the fresh air.

"Forests, but I dont know the woods here too well." He shrugged his shoulders. "Plus the terrain is flatter here."

Guremi shrugged, "I can find my way in any terrain. Maybe that's my talent."

"Well you're a scout yes? So there you go. Natural talent at terrain negotiation."

"That is a good point." She smiled knowingly, "It comes naturally to me."

"So where are you from, then?" He asked her as they paced along the beach. He smelled the evening breeze as they walked along the shore.

Guremi seemed to consider how to answer the question then took a deep breath, "My people tend to travel somewhat like the Dalish do but not as far and wide ranged. We have our territories midways between West Hill and Amaranthine, in the wooded areas and towards the Bannorn where there are very few communities."

He nodded. "I see. So I guess you've been to West Hill?"

"West Hill is a lovely place." She smiled.

"It was." He shrugged, staring aside.

"Yes. It is too bad. There was this wonderful baker there. Deer droppings what was his name? Anyway, he had this white, curly mustache that he could never tame and gave up." She laughed.

"Hm. Murdock Woods." He recalled, smiling weakly. "His belches smelled of ginger and brandy."

"That was him. Good bread. And you could get great lamb cuts about a block away so you could have lamb sandwiches. That was so tasty." She smiled at the pleasant memories, "Greasy but oh yummy."

He smiled as well, feeling nostalgic of his old home. He missed the faces he knew so well outside of the Alienage as he was an exception to the rule that Elves must stay within unless owned.

"We visited a few times a year to trade." She admitted, "Furs, skins, fresh berries and fruits. It worked out well from the regular commons right into the Alienage. We never stayed long but it was enough to exchange for what we needed."
Nygozy
Nygozy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum