Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
On the Move - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
On the Move - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
On the Move - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
On the Move - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
On the Move - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
On the Move - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
On the Move - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
On the Move - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
On the Move - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

On the Move

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

On the Move - Page 2 Empty Re: On the Move

Post  Maghai Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:24 pm

The woman was mean trying to kick him in the ribs but he reacted as if she had even though he rolled a bit to avoid it. He gave her puppy dog eyes then jumped up in a swift move, checking out her eyes and smiling like a mad man, "You are pretty enough to destroy men's hearts. Probably a few gals too. But ..." He looked about for Rakot and noticed him taking off, "Rakot! Over here!"

"Oh ... I think ... now what was that again? OH yes! Someone gave me a note for some Thorns woman while on my travels and I thought you might know her since you are sneaky and smart and all that. From the description you are pretty enough to be her, and definitely smart enough but I doubt that my luck would be that good, y'know. I mean I can't even get through Denerim without bugs dropping on me. How bad is that?"
Maghai
Maghai

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:09 pm

Fremelda glared down at the elf on the ground. He was irritating her to no end. And then he called out for the companion he was traveling with earlier. The assassin sighed, shaking her head. "Oh ... I think ... now what was that again? OH yes! Someone gave me a note for some Thorns woman while on my travels and I thought you might know her since you are sneaky and smart and all that. From the description you are pretty enough to be her, and definitely smart enough but I doubt that my luck would be that good, y'know. I mean I can't even get through Denerim without bugs dropping on me. How bad is that?" the blonde elf ranted.

Fremelda lifted an eyebrow, and placed her boot on his chest, leaning down. "The Queen of Thorns? You're seeking her? It's dangerous to be talking about her in public, you know." she offered a chilly smile. "I can take you to her, if you need someone assassinated. Fortunately for you you ran into me asking about her and not someone else. Many want her dead, you see. I'm a close friend." she explained, and released her boot off his chest, and stood up straight. "Come along." she motioned for the elf, as well as the companion who was clearly trying to run off, to follow her.
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  UncleVanya Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:54 pm

"Rakot! Over here!"

For the love of stone! But...but...I was free...it was all over....I've filled my crazy elf quota for a lifetime...

Rakot turned around in place and marched towards the elf, letting out a low growl as he went.

"I guess I did promise to help you out once we got to Denerim, elf...may the stone damn my sodding tongue."

Rakot's rubbed his own forehead, his expression giving off a vibe of utter irritation. He noticed the woman motioning for them to follow her.

"Ah yes, lets follow the girl that stinks of fresh blood into a dark alley...always a good decision. Very well, lets get a move on before I kill someone by accident."
UncleVanya
UncleVanya

Back to top Go down

Post  Maghai Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:16 am

"Uh huh!" He nodded his head in little shaking motions like a hummingbird's wings fluttering. The smile got larger as the actual Queen of Thorns spoke more. The man was acting like a happy puppy except without his tongue out and butt wagging with a tail attached, "Oh yes! The guy was very specific that many people didn't like her because she's a ... what did he say again?" He tapped his lower lip then his eyes brightened as he lifted his finger in a "eureka" form of pose, "Bitch Of The Knife! Yep that's what he called her. A royal bitch with a bad attitude but more than worth a good fuck even if you were likely to be killed at the end or during it because she's pretty enough to make balls melt."

The stupid grin got wider with glee, figuring he'd done a good thing by saying exactly what the man had told him, never giving it a second thought or even consideration that saying that could have gotten him killed.

"Ah Rakot!" He exclaimed as his friend, or at least he thought he was a friend, came over and spoke, "Yes yes! She'll make sure the Queen of Thorns know about us and I can get more help finding my sister! I miss my sister so much. I told you she's my twin right? Well, we don't look a lot alike but we are twins." He giggled almost manically as he followed Fremelda.

"Oh yes. I'm Maghai and this is Rakot. What's your name, lovely lady?"
Maghai
Maghai

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:55 am

The elf's friend had come up to them. A big man. And by the look in his eyes, all too eager to be away from the crazy elf. Fremelda couldn't blame him; she didn't much like the blonde elf either. "Ah yes, lets follow the girl that stinks of fresh blood into a dark alley...always a good decision. Very well, lets get a move on before I kill someone by accident." the big man said and Fremelda smiled coolly. "Wise words. However, you are here on a mission are you not?" She chided.

The elf then went on a rant about the man who hired them to look for the Queen of Thorns. The colorful description of Fremelda did not register on her face. She had heard it all before, and was dead to the insults and jeering of men. Years ago such words would have crushed her spirit but she was an adult now. And she had been in the game for a very long time.

"Oh yes. I'm Maghai and this is Rakot. What's your name, lovely lady?" the elf asked. Fremelda shrugged her shoulders. "Names are dangerous in Denerim. I'm just a humble courtesan." she lied through her teeth. She never even got the privilege of being a courtesan in her teen years. No, she was little more than a common whore back then. Now she was something more. A symbol of fear for nobles in Denerim.

The alley she designated as the meeting spot loomed ahead. And she waited for them to enter, before blocking off their escape by standing in their way. Reaching out behind a barrel beside her, she pulled out a sword in its scabbard, and then drew the blade, pointing it at them. It was beautifully crafted, but it had definately seen a lot of use. "Hello. I am the Queen of Thorns. Now, I'm going to ask you a question and depending on your answer, it will decide whether you walk out of here either free and unharmed, free and without testicles, or not at all.

"Why do you seek me?"
she asked coldly, her steel blue eyes glaring at the two men dangerously.
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  UncleVanya Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:55 pm

Rakot stared down the girl with a steely gaze, his face lacking any sort of emotion.

"You trapped yourself in a tight space with a berserker...very cunning m'lady."

Rakot's right hand reached behind his back and grabbed the handle of his maul.

"I don't feel like making a mess however, so fine, lets talk. Like the elf said, he is looking for his sister, and its been suggested to us that you know something about that. As for me, I'm helping him out...because constantly having to force myself away from strangling him builds character."
UncleVanya
UncleVanya

Back to top Go down

Post  Maghai Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:07 pm

Maghai slapped his left fist into his right hand, "Aha! I was righhhhhtt, I was righhhttt! See Rakot, I was right and wait ..." His lower lip trembled as he realized what the last thing the other man said meant but as soon as he was starting to get the puppy dog eyes and the look of a beaten whelp he perked up, "Yes yes! I'm helping Rakot in his mission to build character." He turned towards Fremelda, "Well, I want my balls right where they are, thank you for the offer, but I'm not interested in being like a unic or anything ... then again I hear they are better at keeping it ..." He shook his head, "No. Anyway, Rakot is right! We are trying to find my sister and the man who gave me that note said you would know how to find her. I didn't look at it but it's important. And I can pay! Oh yes, I have a stash hidden," He waggled a finger, "But you don't get it all until I find my sister. She's probably all scared without her brother to take care of her."

Finally he dropped his back pack and rustled about in it, taking out a bag. He opened it, then unwrapped three layers of cloth to show some expensive jewelry and gems, "I got lots more." The huge smile was back on his face as he looked up at Fremelda.
Maghai
Maghai

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:22 am

A Berserker. Well that made things complicated. She cursed in her head but kept it off her face. They were tough, but not impossible to kill. She had slain Ash Warriors before. The Elf interrupted with his nonsensical speaking pattern that grated on the assassin's nerves a little.

"No. Anyway, Rakot is right! We are trying to find my sister and the man who gave me that note said you would know how to find her. I didn't look at it but it's important. And I can pay! Oh yes, I have a stash hidden," the elf pleaded and then tempted. Fremelda looked skeptical, keeping her blade leveled at them. "A rich elf? Now there's a switch." she said wryly.

But, he proved himself truthful by showing her the various jewels he carried and other gold objects. Her steel blue eyes widened. "Fuck me, that's a lot of gold." she muttered, bewildered by the fact an elf has so much money on him. And then he mentioned more. Her eyes flashed greedily. "I may have your information, yes. But I require payment in advance. I'm not cheap. Anyone in the underworld of Denerim can tell you that." she said, in a very business-like tone now. She had sheathed her sword and folded her arms over her chest. The two men could possibly make out the thorn tattoo just above her left breast but it was mostly obscured by the fabric of her coat.
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  UncleVanya Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:54 am

Rakot continued to stare down the assassin and spoke in a deep monotone.

"Queen of Thorns ay? I think I vaguely remember, heard some tavern stories in Denerim, back in my traveling merchant days...almost forgotten about it, after helping defend Denerim against the Darkspawn horde all the memories of this city have a certain taste of blood and ash to them. Mainly because most of it was burning, and there was lots of sodding blood everywhere...but I digress."

He turned his gaze to the elf.

"So than we're hiring an assassin to do a tracker's job, are we Maghai? Well, its your money, just don't get your hopes up, I would've tried to catch a Tevinter slaver and bust a couple of sodding knee caps for information....but then it isn't my sister we're looking for."

Rakot looked back at the assassin, and studied her carefully with his eyes.

"Don't know yet if you are that sodding good, but you certainly believe you are. Just remember, the elf is under my protection, at least until I either get rid of him in a peaceable manner or my newly discovered amazing powers of self-control slip up and I snap his neck. If you try to run on us with his money, I am coming after you. You really don't want that. Not a threat, but a promise, maybe this can turn into a beneficial partnership yet."
UncleVanya
UncleVanya

Back to top Go down

Post  Maghai Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:58 pm

"Queen of Thorns ay? I think I vaguely remember, heard some tavern stories in Denerim, back in my traveling merchant days...almost forgotten about it, after helping defend Denerim against the Darkspawn horde all the memories of this city have a certain taste of blood and ash to them. Mainly because most of it was burning, and there was lots of sodding blood everywhere...but I digress."

"I figgered right." Maghai smiled at Rakot then frowned when he talked about the horde and the smell. He too remembered what the horde had done even if he had not been in Denerim at the time as he was traveling.

"A rich elf? Now there's a switch. Fuck me, that's a lot of gold."

"Uh huh it's lots but no thanks to the fucking you. I really don't get off screwing a woman out of money. It's no fun if you can't make the woman happy too and money just ruins that. But yeh it's lots of money and I have lots of stashes just like a squirrel but I keep everything mapped." He tapped his head with a finger, "Locked tight. No one has the keys but me." He seemed rather proud of himself for that, whatever it meant.

"So than we're hiring an assassin to do a tracker's job, are we Maghai? Well, its your money, just don't get your hopes up, I would've tried to catch a Tevinter slaver and bust a couple of sodding knee caps for information....but then it isn't my sister we're looking for."

Maghai nodded emphatically, "She came with high recommendations from a witch with the sight. The witch sent me to the man who did that note for me, to Ostagar to meet up with someone on the way who'd help then here. I have to remember to go thank her. She was spot on with everything!"

"I may have your information, yes. But I require payment in advance. I'm not cheap. Anyone in the underworld of Denerim can tell you that."

"Don't know yet if you are that sodding good, but you certainly believe you are. Just remember, the elf is under my protection, at least until I either get rid of him in a peaceable manner or my newly discovered amazing powers of self-control slip up and I snap his neck. If you try to run on us with his money, I am coming after you. You really don't want that. Not a threat, but a promise, maybe this can turn into a beneficial partnership yet."

Maghai watched the two for a moment then handed Fremelda a few big gems, "Here. Prepayment. It should be enough to start, right? Uhm ..." He looked back and forth conspiratorially, "But I'd suggest you sell them quietly, if you know what I mean. They might still be hot but I doubt it. They came straight from the mine so no one is likely to know they were even gone. Just in case though."
Maghai
Maghai

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:23 pm

"Don't know yet if you are that sodding good, but you certainly believe you are. Just remember, the elf is under my protection, at least until I either get rid of him in a peaceable manner or my newly discovered amazing powers of self-control slip up and I snap his neck. If you try to run on us with his money, I am coming after you. You really don't want that. Not a threat, but a promise, maybe this can turn into a beneficial partnership yet." spoke the big man who traveled with the Elf apparently.

Fremelda shook her head. "Relax, big boy. I don't run out on my clients. Not if I want to work for them again." she sighed. Really, why would anyone put her in the same category as a swindler? She had a reputation to uphold.

Her new employer tossed her a handful of big rocks. Precious stones. "Here. Prepayment. It should be enough to start, right? Uhm ... But I'd suggest you sell them quietly, if you know what I mean. They might still be hot but I doubt it. They came straight from the mine so no one is likely to know they were even gone. Just in case though." Fremelda lifted an eyebrow. "You're giving me hot payment? Do you realize the guards could trace it back to me if it is? If its from the mines, I suppose its not so hot but still..." she sighed.

"Fine. You have a deal. Name of your sister?"
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Maghai Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:20 pm

Maghai was looking at the walls and cocking his head side to side while Fremelda spoke but noticed silence after a few moments of her stopping speaking. He turned his head to see both she and Rakot looking at him and grinned, "Nightherb. She is called Nightherb from the clan E'Siena. Nyala is our last name. She's different from me as we are not identical twins. I'm the bright one and she's more dark but not reserved. Oh no. She knows lots and can talk your ear off if you let her."

He smiled again, waiting for their responses then considered, "So you think you can really find her?"
Maghai
Maghai

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:22 am

The Assassin folded her arms under her breasts again, causing them to puff out a little. She didn't like this payment due to the potential danger of it but she had a reputation to uphold after all. Sighing, she tapped her chin as she went over her list of contacts mentally. Who could find this person? Perhaps the barkeep at the Gnawed Noble here in Market District. Yes. He should know.

"Gentlemen, I will be back shortly. Wait there while I consult my contact." she smiled sweetly, and then pivoted on her boot heel and walked off to her usual tavern.

The Gnawed Noble was her favorite place for information and contracts because not only did the nobility convene here during big functions, it also housed one of the most shrewd barkeeps around who kept an extensive list of underground contacts that Fremelda utilized gladly. She was a favorite customer of his, but her steely gaze often set the patrons off balance if they didn't know who she was, and terrified those who did.

She rested her elbow on the bar counter, smiling at the barkeep. "Ah, Tam. I have a job for you." she cooed to the barkeep who offered a smile in return. "Of course. What do you need?" He never used her name or her title here. And always spoke code as did she. Tam was of course, not his name, but a nickname she gave to him. Everyone else just called him barkeep.

Steel blue eyes glinting with purpose, the Queen of Thorns leaned forward. "I'm afraid I have lost track of a friend of mine. She was supposed to meet me a couple days ago and I am worried." she said, and the theatrics began. She willed a few tears to her eyes, using her training to fool the patrons.

The barkeep nodded. "Of course, of course. I will need to know her name. I hear the roads can be dangerous this time of year." Fremelda nodded. "Well, her name is Nyala. She never told me her first name. Her poor brother is worried sick." she added with a faux sob. Tam patted her on the shoulder in false comfort. Information was being exchanged even though it sounded like a normal woman in distress. "The roads south of here are precarious. She may have fallen down and broken her leg." She was to the west. Coming from the direction of Dragon's Peak. "I'm sorry but she may have only two days or more to live with the winter falling upon us." Four days away.

Fremelda nodded, tears streaming down her face. "Oh... Maker help her! I need to go see to her at once!" she said and fled out the door. Once back at the alley, she leaned against the wall, smiling. "Your sister is fine. She'll be here in four days. Seems she met a delay on the way but she is back on track."
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Maghai Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:57 pm

"Yeeyah!" Maghai jumped up and down, smiling like a maniac as he bounced over to Fremelda and grabbed her into a huge hug before she could even move. How he was so fast was a mystery but he was. He hugged her close and whimpered suddenly, "My poor poor sister! Oh she must be scared. Thank you so so so so so so much! I knew you would be the one to help!"

He suddenly let go of Fremelda and held her shoulders, excited and overwhelmed, "So what now? What do we do?" Maghai turned his head to look at Rakot, "Seee Rakot! She knows where my sister is and we will see her soon! I told you it would work out. You'll like her. She's all sweet and sunshinie but not quite like me. She's more timid and not quiet but sweet. I'm not so sweet but not horrible. Weird that lots of people tell me to get lost so I do."

The crazy man let go of Fremelda and started walking about, gesturing wildly, "We will have to find an Inn. Yes that's it! I have enough money for all three of us to have great rooms and room service. Not that kind of room service though." He shook his head firmly, "No. Food service no other stuff. Now how do we get hold of her once she is here?"

He stopped cold then turned his head to stare at Fremelda, "But ... how do we find her when she comes here? Oh. What do I say? What do I do? Can you help? Please help Rakot! Thorn!" His eyes were pleading, big blue orbs that wavered with waterworks ready to fall.
Maghai
Maghai

Back to top Go down

Post  UncleVanya Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:58 am

As Fremelda walked off Rakot followed her with a suspicious gaze.

So...we're letting her take off, by herself, with the money. Maker's arse! If she doesn't come back I'll have to track her down and put my maul to her skull, and that means spending more time with this crazy sodding elf.....

However Rakot's suspicions proved to be unjustified as the woman returned a short time later, bringing good news.

"Well that was sodding simple."

Rakot said a breath before the elf went on one of his crazy rants. Rakot wasn't listening, his mind wondering off to thoughts of ale and wenches...a trick he learned to keep himself away from the strong urge to rip out his companion's spine every time he heard the elf's voice.

"...Please help Rakot! Thorn!"

The sound of his own name brought him back to reality.

"Help? What is there left to help with exactly? Your sister is coming, and I pray to the Stone that she isn't as crazy as you. The thought of another one of you in close vicinity to me terrifies my soul....this can't be healthy for my psyche."

UncleVanya
UncleVanya

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonis Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:18 am

Fremelda was taken completely off guard when she was hugged by her employer. Instinctively she reached for her hidden dirk but realized it wasn't meant maliciously so she let her arms drop to her sides while he embraced her. "So what now? What do we do?" the elf asked Fremelda after releasing the hug and just simply holding her shoulders. She shrugged. "Not my problem. I'm no search and rescue operation. I deal in information and assassination." She said coldly.

This knife-ears irked her. He was so...bubbly. Can't he be miserable like a good elf? When he finally let go of her, she turned around to leave but froze when he called her by title (seeing as she never gave her name). "Try asking around the Gnawed Noble or waiting there for her." She shrugged again and looked to the one named Rakot. Giving him a head shake of sympathy, she turned her head back forward and went on her way to the Gnawed Noble for her next contract.
Dragonis
Dragonis

Back to top Go down

Post  Maghai Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:03 pm

Maghai laughed heartily at Rakot's reference that he hoped his sister was sane, apparently either not realizing it was a cut at him or not caring, "Oh Rakot you're funny!" He swirled towards Fremelda as she went to leave, "Gnawed Noble." He mentioned out loud as he digested the information, "I know that place ... Let's not room there." He pointed out to Rakot.

"Here." He pulled out another gem and tossed it to Fremelda with a big grin, "A little extra. A ruby as bright as a rose."

The nutty Elf then rolled his shoulders and went to walk out of the place, "Now to go to an Inn. I think near the main road into Denerim towards the direction my sis will be coming. Common Rakot. We can get a good meal and all the brew you want to drink!"

Maghai went around the city in a strange manner, stopping off in little alcoves where he'd squeeze into out of the way locations then come back out with a grin and be on his way again. At least he was as good as his word for getting food and drink as well as a room. He paid his way into a room that looked out at the entrance to the city and stayed in his room for the most part, watching for his sister and leaving Rakot to whatever he wished, thinking the man would use the room he'd rented out for the week for him.
Maghai
Maghai

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum