Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
Will Sighard I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
Will Sighard I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
Will Sighard I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
Will Sighard I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
Will Sighard I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
Will Sighard I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
Will Sighard I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
Will Sighard I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
Will Sighard I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

Will Sighard

Go down

Will Sighard Empty Will Sighard

Post  Will Sighard Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:13 am

Character Name: Willhelmina Sighard (prefers to be called ‘Will,’ but will accept being called Willhelmina if people feel so inclined. Will not tolerate being addressed as ‘Mina.’)
Sex: Female
Race: Human

Class: Warrior
Specializations: Guardian
Favored skills: Sword and shield techniques

Hobbies: Swordcraft, helping anyone who might be in need of a hand

Background: Willhelmina was always an exceedingly even tempered child with a respect for learning and displayed very few young girlish inclinations. Her nature, in fact, seemed to be particularly suited towards becoming a knight. Because she had an older brother, Oswyn, there no issues of inheritance that would prevent her from becoming a knight, so off she went. The women of Ferelden are in no way dissuaded from becoming warriors, but even still, Willhelmina was one of few of her gender as a page. That never dampened her spirits, though, and she excelled just as well as the boys, while also being far less rowdy and with a leveler head. She earned the nickname ‘Will’ from her peers and, growing up with them, lost whatever defining line most people draw between the genders. Instead she was just, ‘Will,’ one of the most chivalrous knights to ever come out of squire-hell-bootcamp, and who also happened to be a woman. From her page training on, she adopted the tendency to keep her hair short and dress functionally as a man. While never actually keeping the fact that she’s a woman secret, most people tend to assume she’s a man from the start and she rarely cares to correct them.

While training to become a knight, Will spent her squire years in Highever where she met Macha Cousland and the two became fast friends. She became well acquainted with the castle and the surrounding lands and, after passing her trials, became stationed there as a knight for the illustrious Cousland family. She enjoyed life there immensely, making a habit of ambling around the keep and lending an assisting hand to anyone who might need it, living up to the code of Chivalry.

But times quickly began to change one rumors of a Blight began to crop up. The warrior in Will felt on edge up until, on day, Castle Highever was attacked. In the confusion of the night, Will managed to rescue and herd as many house staff from the violence as she could, leading them through the servant’s passages and into the mountains west of Highever, seeking refuge in the bannorn of Bann Franderel. She then made her way back to Highever as soon as she could, but to little avail. House Cousland was lost. The knight returned home to Dragon’s Peak only to hear of the disaster at Ostagar, the death of her king and Loghain’s subsequent accent into power. Will immediately began to demand answers for what happened to the Couslands, looking for justice, but her father advised her against it. Ferelden was in the midst of tumultuous times and it wasn’t her place to stir up trouble. So she grit her teeth and bared it, unable to defy her father, and instead taking control of her family’s bannorn as her father, Bann Sighard and brother Oswyn left for Denerim for the upcoming Landsmeet.

During that time, she received several letters from her father, one more disheartened over the political situation than the last until, to her alarm, he wrote saying that her brother had disappeared. She ached to go and find him, but had a responsibility to stay at Dragon’s Peak, which was becoming increasingly overrun with darkspawn as the Blight, only a rumor some months ago, was becoming obviously true and steadily worse.

Then, after an unimaginable wave of darkspawn speed through the mountains, all was quiet. Will hadn’t the faintest clue as to what was going on until her father returned home, her brother beaten but alive, and informed her of Arl Howe’s despicable transgressions against both the Cousland family as well as her own, and of the Warden’s valiantly putting a stop to the Blight. Her father and brother safely at home, Will felt secure in leaving once again, this time to Denerim to see firsthand the repercussions of the battle. There she was shocked and overjoyed to be reunited with Macha, who she learned had escaped her family’s massacre to become a Grey Warden. She is currently staying in Denerim with Macha, making good on her sworn allegiance to the Cousland family as a knight.

Personality: Willhelmina, or Will as she prefers to be called, has a noble and kind personality, and is know to be more gallant than most knights, or even most men in general. She treats all women as though there were ladies and all men as though the were gentlemen, and has an overall genteel nature. She can, however, be slightly oblivious to people’s feelings and actions, understanding them intellectually but not necessarily recognizing them when she sees them in action.

Weapons/Armor: Will uses a sword and shield combination, preferring lighter variations of both. She doesn’t have a particularly special sword that she uses, but she will also not use a blade she did not make herself. She wears heavier armor, being a knight, but has been known to wear a simpler chainmail and leather jerkin combination when traveling light.

Appearance: Will is tall, especially for a woman, at six feet and slim, with strong arms. Her dark hair is cut short to the nape of her neck with bangs framing ice blue eyes and naturally dark lashes. She binds her chest for both practicality and due to an old wound across her torso that still aches occasionally. She is often mistaken by men and woman alike as an attractive male, and it never really occurs to her to correct them.

(Crappy Sketch 1

Crappy Sketch 2)
Will Sighard
Will Sighard

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum