Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
Betrayal - The escape of Selene and Sobaka I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
Betrayal - The escape of Selene and Sobaka I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
Betrayal - The escape of Selene and Sobaka I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
Betrayal - The escape of Selene and Sobaka I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
Betrayal - The escape of Selene and Sobaka I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
Betrayal - The escape of Selene and Sobaka I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
Betrayal - The escape of Selene and Sobaka I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
Betrayal - The escape of Selene and Sobaka I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
Betrayal - The escape of Selene and Sobaka I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

Betrayal - The escape of Selene and Sobaka

Go down

Betrayal - The escape of Selene and Sobaka Empty Betrayal - The escape of Selene and Sobaka

Post  Selene Tue May 03, 2011 9:19 pm

Selene watched the pair go along the other side of the passage.

She turned to Lamont, "I guess they decided the other way was not the right away, eh?" She smirked at him.

She say down on the floor of the tunnel, her legs dangling over the edge of the pit.

Lamont hung back with the horses, making sure their tackle was secure.

About half an hour after Kaine and Sloane had passed, Selene heard a muffed gurgle coming from behind her.

He twisted her head just in time to see Lamont wiping his dagger on the now dead horse. Her jaw dropped and her eyes went wide as the scene before her registered in her mind.

Sobaka came around the corner behind the horses, sniffing the ground, trying to find something interesting to do. He saw Lamont with his dagger, tracing of blood still on it. And a dead horse laying next to him.

Sobaka growled and let out an angry bark and charged Lamont, leaping into the air to take him down.

Lamont spun around and threw a bulging pouch at Sobaka. It hit the mabari square in the face and exploded into a dark mist. Before Sobaka even hit the ground he was out cold, snoring soundly as he slept.

Selene jumped up her hands lit with blue flames, "What have you done?" she screamed at the guide.

"Exactly what I was supposed to do. Guide you here to my master." he snarled as his eyes turned solid black.

Selene knew this look well, possession. Without another thought she threw two quick spirit blasts, one from each hand.

The first one hit Lamont in the centre mass of his torso, picking him up off his feet and sent him flying backwards into one of the horses. The other blast flew wide as it charred the tunnel wall, sending blue sparks into the air.

As Lamont was pulling himself up, Selene charged him. Her hands were tracing arcane symbols into the air in front of her as she prepared another spell.

Lamont was on his feet, dagger in hand, ready to charge at the mage. Just as he whirled around to face her, she threw another spell.

The spell hit the possessed guide and formed images of horrors before his eyes. He clawed at them and screamed in terror.

With swift movement Selene took the staff from her back and held it in front of her like a lance, just in time for it to connect with the stunned man.

The head of the staff hit Lamont full in the stomach, knocking the wind out of him as it send him stumbling backwards and breaking the spell that held him.

Lamont quickly regained his bearings as flicked his dagger at the mage. The dagger struck true, sinking deep into the side of her abdomen.

She stumbled back and looked down at the dagger in disbelief, she had not counted on him recovering so fast. Her hand went instinctively to the dagger, but quickly pulled away, as it was the only thing keeping the blood from pouring out of her.

An unexpected snarl came from beside Lamont, but he didn't have time to react as the weight of a full grown Mabari slammed into him. He smashed into the wall, the Mabari on top of him.

Lamont's eyes burned red as the rage demon inside of him came to the surface. With brutal strength Lamont slammed his feet into Sobaka's chest, sending the poor dog flying.

Before Selene could react, Lamont was upon her. He grabbed the dagger and twisted it as he pulled it out.

A white searing pain flowed through her entire body as her nerves cried out. She felt the strength flow out of her as the blood began to gush heavily out of the wound.

Selene stumbled backwards, trying to get away from him. The dagger he held dripped with blood, he looked at it and licked some of the sticky red liquid from the blade.

Suddenly Lamont slammed forward, the blade of the dagger sank into the flesh at the back of his mouth, driving it into his brain.

Sobaka stood on the back of Lamont as he twitched one last time, then all was still.

Sobaka raked his feet against the corpse as he stepped off, his stubby tail wagging happily.

The dead body of Lamont barely seemed to register to her, the pain in her side was to great.

She quickly took out a red vial and poured it over her wound, the wound hissed for a moment. The blood stopped as the wound sealed itself up, but it was still tender and hurt like hell when she moved.

Sobaka still stood in front of her, waiting to be rewarded for a job well done. Just as Selene was about to give him a thank you pat, her eyes went wide and her face was pale as the moon. She took a step back, then turned and ran.

Sobaka cocked his head to the side as he sense terror from the lady mage. That was when the other scent hit him. He twirled around to see the corpse of Lamont remove the dagger from the back of his throat with a sickening slurp.

Sobaka growled and jumped at Lamont. With the strength of the dead behind him, he caught the Mabari in mid leap, tossing him down the tunnel.

Sobaka howled as he flew through the air, slamming into Selene. The both hit the ground rolling into a big mess of human and dog. Suddenly the ground disappeared from under them as they fell through the air.

Both mabari and human realized that the chasm had swallowed them whole as they they howled and screamed in terror, plunging through the darkness to whatever awaited them below.

Selene
Selene

Back to top Go down

Betrayal - The escape of Selene and Sobaka Empty Re: Betrayal - The escape of Selene and Sobaka

Post  Selene Fri May 13, 2011 1:50 pm

She slowly opened her eyes; her whole body ached and she tried to remember why.

Thats right, I fell down a hole......

A grunting sound came from beside her, she looked over and saw Saboka shaking himself as he got up off the ground.

"You ok?" She asked.

"Oh great, I must have hit my head harder than I thought, I'm talking to a damn dog." She shook her head to clear it and slowly got to her feet.

"How did we survive that..........?"She asked, then realized she was talking to a dog again. The last thing she remember was her and Saboka going over the edge after the battle with that scum Lamont.

It all started to come back to her; as they were falling she cast the only spell she could think of; Gravitic Ring. This slowed her and Saboka's descent at just the right time. Just enough for them to survive the impact with the ground. It still knocked them out for a bit, but they were alive and that is what counted.

She looked up and saw the gaping maw of the chasm she fell down. It seemed narrower at the base than the top.

She felt around for her staff hoping that it was within reach as the light was very dim. There seemed to be lights from either side of her but they seemed to far away.

She finally grabbed her staff and the blue crystal came to life, lighting the area around them.

She looked either way and realized she was in a place that was no longer cavern walls, but stone walls built by someone. She had seen such construction only once in her travels, it was definitely dwarven made.

"Well boy, which way? Both seemed to be the same...Wait, I'm talking to a dog again."

Saboka only cocked his head and whined at her, then gave her a knowing bark. He sniffed the air; it was as if something caught his scent. He took off at full speed down the corridor; something familiar had grabbed his attention.

"Saboka!! WAIT!!..." She shook her head and took off after the Mabari; her body still stiff from the fall.

Selene
Selene

Back to top Go down