Dragon Age After Effects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

This World
The forum has a new format for working on a revival - new everything if people decide that they want to start a new campaign.

* The Warden Commander is a small dwarf named Nygozy, duster background - may change
* Alistair Theirin is the King and did the ritual with Morrigan to save Nygozy.
* The Cousland background is taken by Macha.* - don't know yet
* The elf background is taken by Calliara.

Latest topics
» CALLING - Anyone Left?
Kiverius Lupus I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 am by Damien Zeehem

» Super Quick Sketch of Badassery
Kiverius Lupus I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm by Calliara

» WHO CAN STILL PLAY?
Kiverius Lupus I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm by Calliara

» Damien - the unoriginal soundtrack
Kiverius Lupus I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:51 pm by Damien Zeehem

» The dawn of new days
Kiverius Lupus I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:50 pm by Damien Zeehem

» Dwelling of Tears - A Double Entendre
Kiverius Lupus I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 pm by Macha

» So - Dragon Age 3
Kiverius Lupus I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 am by Ianto

» MSN Failure (and Graduating!)
Kiverius Lupus I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm by Final Warrior

» Happy birthday Dragonis !
Kiverius Lupus I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:25 pm by Dragonis

Kiverius Lupus

3 posters

Go down

Kiverius Lupus Empty Kiverius Lupus

Post  UncleVanya Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:38 am

Character Name: Kiverius Lupus
Sex: Male
Race: Augmented Human

Class: Rogue
Specializations: Assassin, Shadow

Appearance: Kiverius Lupus Graywolf

Background: In the lands of the Tevinter Imperium there was a man once and his name was Kiverius Lupus. He was a son, and a father, he had a family and a life, he was a soldier, and a hero, he fought the Qunari for the glory of the Imperium. But it was not enough, no, for the magisters view life as but a plaything, and their will and that of the Imperium are one. He did not struggle then they took him, he wiped the tears off his wife's face and told her not to worry. He told her of his duty to the Imperium, he told her that he did it so that their family did not have to live under the yoke of the Qun. He told her he was going to be back soon....he never saw her again.

They took from him everything, stripped his mind and body, took it apart, put it together again changed, different. The pain...was unimaginable, the experiments they performed, burrowing deeper and deeper into his skin, draining his blood, sending a black mixture through his veins, until it was all that his heart was pumping. They took his blood, and imbued it with lyrium so he could feel the Fade in all its glory, so he could use it to shift away from the physical world and reappear again in another place, for he was now a creature of both worlds. They took his eyes, and made them glow so he could see in darkness, for darkness was now his home and salvation. They took his muscles, split each tendon and soaked it in their alchemical solutions, making him stronger, for his strength would keep him bound. They took away the memories of his wife and children, of the brothers with whom he fought side by side, of his victories, of his glory, of his honor. They were building a weapon, and would not stop until they've reached perfection.

After months, and months, they were satisfied with their product. He became the magister's personal assassin, no morality, no emotion, no memories, not even a name, the only thing they let him keep was his sense of duty. They used that part of him, just like they did everything else.

He served, without question, over the years taking lives of countless enemies of the Imperium. Qunari, humans, elves, dwarves, all fell to his blade. He was a creature of nightmare and myth, a rumor muttered in the darkness. Whose he came for were sometimes brave, and sometimes cowards, sometimes they begged for their life, and others they laughed in his face, but non of that saved them in the end. He was the harbinger of death, and it followed in his wake always. He did not live, he existed, until fate decreed a change.

He was to kill a man, a human convert to the Qun whose blasphemous words poured like a waterfall and converted many others. He came for him from the shadow, and he removed him from existence, but as he watched coldly another life slipping away before his eyes something in him moved. He looked at the face of the man he just killed, greying hair, skin showing signs of wear but yet something was familiar. It struck him all at once, he kept gazing at the aged corpse before him, but all he could see was his ten year old son that once greeted him with happiness and excitement at the doorstep of his home. He dropped his blade, as memories started filling his head. He remembered all of it, after decades of sleep Kiverius awoke and was horrified at what he had done, to his son, and to many others.

His horror and desperation quickly turned to anger. He assaulted his masters, killed their protectors, others like himself, after feeling no emotion for so long his rage overwhelmed him. He killed, and killed, getting closer and closer to his creators, but the might of the magisters was too much to be undone by one man. Yet they could not kill their masterpieces, so instead they used their spells to imprison his flesh and his mind in the fade, suspended in chains of pure magic. He waited there for many years, never sleeping, and he was to wait for all of eternity, but fate once again interfered.

One day his bonds broke, perhaps it was the Maker that took pity on one of his children, or perhaps it is that the Fade itself wished to reject a body of flesh and bone from its grasp, but he was free. He used his ability to shift back into the physical world, and found himself in a foreign land he vaguely recognized as Ferelden. The world did not wait for him, a myriad things has changed in his absence.

He traveled along some nameless road, until he reached a village and was taken in by the locals. Over the next few years he traveled Ferelden, keeping out of sight and learning local language and customs. The experiments his creators performed afforded his body an amazing longevity, even though he was old, his mind, his strength and his reflexes remained much sharper then they would have been otherwise. His other abilities still remained, but had diminished in power. However there was a downside, he discovered that he needed injections of refined lyrium to keep his body from rejecting the alchemical solutions pumping through his veins that kept him alive. He stole it, he even killed for it, he did not have anything to live for, but he did not want it to end like this, he did not want his creators to have this one final victory. He continues to wander even now, an old wolf, with worn out fangs.

Weapons/Armor: Kiverius wears a light leather armor with a high collar that doesn't abstract his movement. With his wealth of experience and his ability to 'teleport' short distances his entire body is a weapon, he knows how kill anything with anything, he does however carry two daggers, a crossbow, some throwing knives and some firebombs for practicality.

Daggers:
Kiverius Lupus Ldaggers

Last edited by UncleVanya on Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
UncleVanya
UncleVanya

Back to top Go down

Kiverius Lupus Empty Re: Kiverius Lupus

Post  Calliara Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:35 am

Geeeeeraaaaaaaalt <3 Sorry, I just had to do it
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UncleVanya Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:44 am

Had to call dibs on that picture before someone else did.
UncleVanya
UncleVanya

Back to top Go down

Post  Calliara Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:46 am

All of your avatars are way too manly, I'm always grateful for that =P
Calliara
Calliara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:32 pm

That is an awesome pic btw. Hmmmm....From the Witcher right?

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiverius Lupus Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:57 pm

Witcher 2 box art.
Kiverius Lupus
Kiverius Lupus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:05 pm

Figured as much...Congrats on Claiming it...

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down